Spring 2017- Phase II Registration Restrictions
CS and CM students: Please note that CS 3000-4000 level classes will be restricted by threads. You will not be able to register for these courses unless your threads are declared. Thread restrictions will be lifted on November 14th. Instructions for adding threads found here.
Non-CS students: Major restrictions will be removed during Phase 2 registration, except for those courses listed below:
- CS 1100 – Restricted to CS and CM, Major Restriction Not Removed
- CS 1301 - Restricted to freshmen, Class Restriction will be removed Friday, November 11th at Noon.
- CS 1315 - Restricted to ALIS, ARCH, BA, BC, BCHM, BIO, CHEM, ECON, EIA, GEML, HTS, ID, INTA, LMC, MGT, PSY, PUBP, STC, UAC, UACA, UACB, UACI, UIAC, Major Restriction Not Removed. Class restricted to freshmen and sophomores and will be removed Friday, November 11th at Noon.
- CS 1371 - Restricted to Engineering students, APHY, BCHM, BIO, CHEM, EAS, PHYS, PSY, UCOE, UCOS, Major Restriction Not Removed. Class restricted to freshmen and sophomores and will be removed Friday, November 11th at Noon.
- CS 2110 - Restricted to CS, CS, DMTH, Major Restrictions Removed Phase 2 Registration
- CS 2316 - Restricted to IE, Major Restriction Removed Phase 2 registration
- CS 3311 & CS 3312 – Restricted to CS and CM. CS 3312 is permit restricted for teams to be able to register for the same section. See your Junior Design instructor for instructions, Major Restriction Not Removed
- CS 3510 and CS 3511 – Restricted to CS, CS, DMTH
- CS 4001 & CS 4002 – Restricted to CS and CM, Major and Class Restrictions Not Removed
- CS 4400 – Restricted to CS, CM, IE, BINF, Major Restriction Removed Phase 2 Registration. Class restricted to juniors, seniors, and MS students and will not be lifted.
- CS 4510 - Restricted to CS, CS, DMTH, Major Restrictions Removed Phase 2 Registration
- CX 4240 - Restricted to CDA & SEC Minors, Minor Restrictions Removed Friday, November 4th
- CX 4242- Restricted to CDA Minors, Minor Restrictions Removed Friday, November 4th
Degree Candidates for Spring 2017 who need to register for a freshman/sophomore course and have submitted an OAG can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a permit.
For classes restricted to Juniors and Seniors students must be Juniors (60 credit hours) or Seniors (90 credit hours) at the time of registration.
Changing Major/Declaring CS Minor
*Advisors are unable to meet with change of major or minor students during registration.
Change of Major- Students interested in changing or declaring a secondary major in CS must attend a Change of Major meeting. Secondary Majors are only eligible after completing their primary major requirements and have applied to graduate. Register online here.
Declaring a CS Minor- The application window closed on October 29 and no new applications will be accepted after that date. New minor applications will open again on January 30, 2017. Students interested applying can do so by visiting the CS minors page to download the minor application and declaration form. Applications are due in the drop box located on the wall between CCB 114 & 115 by the withdrawal date each semester. Decisions and acceptance will be given by Phase 1 registration.
Graduate Registration Information
Graduate Restrictions SPRING 2017 PHASE II
All major restrictions should be removed for all CS/CSE courses during Phase II registration.
Graduate students should register for the graduate sections of crosslisted courses.
CoC degree candidates who need into specific courses should contact their academic advisor for assistance.
Waitlist notifications will begin Friday, January 6 at 10:15 AM and continue until Thursday, January 12 at 4PM.
Forms for various types of permits can be found here.
If you are a graduate student who wishes to take an undergraduate course, you should complete a request form and return it to the forms box in the advising waiting area of the College of Computing, first floor. The instructor of the course MUST approve.
For 1000/2000 level courses, complete this form.
For 3000/4000 level courses, complete this form.
All permit forms (except MSCS Project forms) should be submitted to the drop box across from CCB 114. MSCS Project forms should be submitted to an MSCS advisor.